would it honestly bother you if Your childcare provider was good looking?

ok, I had a weird call yesterday. I do childcare and one of the moms called me to tell me that she wont be enrolling her children cause "you are good looking, and im uncomfortable with the fact that my boyfriend will be picking up the kids". I've never had that said before, Would you mabey deny someone watching your children due to looks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• If she's that insecure in her relationship, I doubt that it will last long.
    I trust my husband and I wouldn't be afraid of him sleeping with the babysitter.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 7:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• no, as long as my kids were well taken care of idc what she looks like, i'm secre enough with myself to know my dh ins't going to cheat on me
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 7:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Sounds like she has MAJOR insecurity issues! She can't trust her BF to even walk into a room with a hot girl and not cheat on her? What exactly is her plan? To never let her BF around another good looking woman for the rest of her life? Sounds like a miserable way to live if you ask me.

Oh and to answer your question, no I wouldn't! LOL!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:06 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• omg, I can't believe she'd admit it! The only time I'd be leary of it is if we had a live in nanny...you always hear about the nanny, lol.

The woman is an idiot, I'm sure her boyfriend works with plenty of pretty women, does she make him get a new job too?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:08 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• lmao! that's pathetic. what does she think, that you guys are going to go at it in front of all of the kids? and what makes her think that YOU would even let something like that happen? that woman was an IDIOT.

no it wouldn't bother me. i trust my husband not to sleep with another woman, let alone in front of kids when another parent could walk in at anytime to be picking up their child. but i do agree with gramsmom, live-in nanny's i would not be comfortable with.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I wouldn't but then i trust my hubby. he could be in a room full of playboy bunnies and all he would do is look. That is ok we have alook but don'tt touch deal/. To me the advatage of living in a college town is all the college boys jogging by while i am stuck in traffic

I would take that remark as a compliment to you and an insult to her fella
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 7:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• She sounds like an immature woman. I would take it as a compliment ..and she needs to go work on her relationship because that would be like saying "Honey you can't go to the local grocery store because that one cashier is too good looking". Does this guy have a life? Probably not. Oh well.
    Anonymous

• the biggest problem I would have is someone w/ less child rearing experience as in time and amount of children and specialties, try to tell me what, when and how to do anything just because the work is DIRTY work. I never heard of a kid being potty trained at birth.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 7:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• No, it wouldn't bother me. I would be more concerned that my child was in a safe secure enivornment than how you looked to my DH. The fact that she is putting her "relationship" before her child's well being frightens me.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 7:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Can we say...INSECURE???? I cant believe some people are THAT insecure. Sorry for you that youre losing kids over her insecurity. Shes likely to have a hard time in life.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:21 PM on Jul. 30, 2009