How old were your kids when you let them take a bath alone?

I mean let them play in the tub while you in the other room.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• 2, i can be in my living room folding laundry and have a direct line of view on him in the tub. So I often let him play while I folded laundry, then went and washed him up and got him out. Now at 3.5 I still keep an eye on him from my living room but he does the whole bathing/washing thing on his own. If I weren't able to see him at all times I probably would sit in there with him, i've just lucked out with the layout of my apt.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 7:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• 4-5 years old.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:17 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• My oldest was about 4 1/2 when we started letting him shower by himself. Due to schedules, he gets to play in the tub about once a week (filling with water) and he's done that himself since then, too.

Our 3 year old gets a little alone play time, too...he washes himself with one of us in the room, though (shower)
    Anonymous

• my dd is 3 & i don't leave her in the tub alone, she could slip and go under or something it scares me to think about anything bad happening to her.. i sit in the bathroom with her
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 7:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• 2 years old.

I'm always there while the baby is in (they take a bath together).
    I take the little one out, and my 2yr old gets to stay in for 15 more minutes.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• With my older 3 they always bathed alone and I couldn't trust the youngest in the tub until she was almost 4 so that's when I stopped watching them. They were almost 4, almost 5 and 6. Now they turn their own shower on and wash themselves, etc. They are almost 7, almost 8 and 9 now.
    My 3yo could also sit in the tub alone but the tub is cracked so they don't take baths, only showers. She has been known to jump in after her sisters get out and then scream down the stairs at me to come wash her hair (she washes everything else) or comes down wrapped in a towel. I usually have no clue she was even in the shower.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:30 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• 5 was when I could have her take a bath without worrying about her slipping, standing when she should be sitting, and grabbing things when she shouldn't.

Until then, my children are at arm's length.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 8:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Around 3 years old. But I checked constantly. As a single parent, I sometimes didn't have a choice, I still had to cook and clean.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• My oldest is 5 years old, and has decided herself that it is time for her to bathe by herself. I think that I will wait until my others are about 4 to 5 as well, b/c I don't have to worry about them as much by that point.
    s.a.d.k.mommy

Answer by s.a.d.k.mommy at 8:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• My son is 5 and still bathes with me.
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 9:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2009