Fee's for the school bus..

So my son is entering kinder this year and there was an attached form with the registration packet notifying parents that there will be a 60 dollar fee per year (or half year, i dont remember) to have your kid picked up and dropped off.. Who else has a school district with fee's for buss' now?

danichaos

Asked by danichaos at 7:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in

• WOW! my sister is 10 and i dont think there is a fee in her school area (baldwin county alabama)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I've heard of other people having a $300 fee. My district doesn't have a fee, but we pay for it all in taxes, for sure.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 7:19 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• what? that's stupid, i'm glad my child will never ride the bus to or from school....they want parents to pay for everything.... my nephew's list of supplies included red ink pens (for the teacher) and yellow copy paper.... like a 9 y/o needs that stuff
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 7:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• i'm a teacher.... and have NEVER heard that.

That's some BS
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I have never heard of that. My son took the bus for 6 years and we were NEVER charged a fee.

josiesmommy))--the red pens could be because the KIDS sometimes grade each others papers, not for the teachers use and big deal if the students give the teacher something to use...they spend plenty of their own money on the kids. How do you think Mother's Day and Father's Day projects are paid for? NOT by the school, it's the teacher. The teachers provide all the fun extra projects that the kids do.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I think here in CA they charge if you want to have your kid picked up. Thank God we're HSing this year.
    Anonymous

• well tyfry i was just saying they are always asking for money for the kids to supply crap for the teachers, and at the school my nephew goes to they ask for donations from the parents for crafts like you mentioned
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:02 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• No charge in our area, but I've heard that is changing in other states. Our "free" public schools are getting more expensive every year.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:42 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• no charge in our area!! that really stinks! Is it per child?
    threeboysmama

Answer by threeboysmama at 9:41 AM on Aug. 2, 2009