if you got something you didn't want but threw the box away would you still try to take the item back to the store?

finallyamom40

Asked by finallyamom40 at 7:29 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Shopping

• no
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 7:33 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• You can certainly try, especially if you have the receipt. Chances are, if they do take it back, they will only replace it, but you may get store credit...

Answer by rkoloms at 9:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• No I never take back things people GIVE me because I dont want them. Now if it's something I needed, like clothes, but it didnt fit, and I really liked them, I would trade them for a bigger size.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• mumma28 you are a MUCH better person than I am, if I kept everything people give me that I will NEVER use I wouldn't have room in my house for anything else. Every holiday I generally take my gifts and either regift them (yes that's terrible but if I am NEVER going to use it), or I give it away or take it to goodwill. I feel terrible someone spent money on me for something that will literally rot away left in a box. And this is even with having a group on yahoo groups with specific gifts listed! (ALL price ranges). Glad you are a better person than I am.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Well I really do let people know that I don't need any gifts. But if they just have to get me something get me something I can use. Like towels or something that can be any color. I don't like nick nacks and clutter. So I would just throw it away and be done with it. I appreciate the thought, but I don't like the item, big difference.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 10:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• Sure I do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2009