has anyone ever had an infection after having a c section?

i had to go to the er yesterday cause one of my incisions was bleeding they drained it out and gave me some antiboitics for the infection but i'm still scared has this ever happened to anyone? n what happened did the antiboitics wrk?

hotmamma09

Asked by hotmamma09 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It happens all the time. That's why c sections should only be done when needed. Make sure you call your doctor before you go to the er. You can get infections at the hospital that don't respond to antibiotics. Just walking through the door you are at risk of getting infections.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 8:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• yeah it happen to my sister and now her c-section scar looks horrible
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:24 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• lol, same as the poster above me.... it happened to my sister and her scar looks horrible too. but the antibiotics took care of the infection. did you have staples? she had staples and one of them ripped and that's how she got the infection
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2009