Do you think it would be bad or rude of me if....

I emailed my baby registry and/or posted it on facebook/myspace since I'm not having a baby shower? There are still a lot of things we need but haven't had the chance to get yet because things have been so hectic. My hubby is in the military and we have been moved around a lot lately because of cross training (switching jobs) and are now in the process of moving because of it. I haven't had time to think about this until now. I am due Sept. 6th.

MizAnn

Asked by MizAnn at 7:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if the reason your not having a shower isbc of the moving, then i dont think it would be rude. maybe have your mom, sister, aunt, whoever, send it out, and then it will kind of be like they are throwing you a shower.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 7:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• have a family member send it out. My mom is sending people invites that I know cant make it but they insist we send them because they want to help out by getting smehting from the registry
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 8:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• umm, I guess because your moving its not rude exactly, but people might take it that way. I would think about the kind of family and friends you have, do you think THEY will find it rude?
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 9:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• My hubby and i are both in the service and live too far away from family to have a baby shower, so my wonderful mil is throwing a long distant baby shower. Basicaly all the family can send gifts or cards to her if they want and she will bring them to us when she comes out here for the birth. She sent out little invintations with the regestry information and address info on them. Its not quite the same but still lets everyone help us celebrate our little one if they want.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 1:11 AM on Jul. 31, 2009