Do you think it would be bad or rude of me if....

emailed my baby registry and/or posted it on facebook/myspace since I'm not having a baby shower? There are still a lot of things we need but haven't had the chance to get yet because things have been so hectic. My hubby is in the military and we have been moved around a lot lately because of cross training (switching jobs) and are now in the process of moving because of it. I haven't had time to think about this until now. I am due Sept. 6th.

MizAnn

Asked by MizAnn at 7:47 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• My sister is due September 6, too! Which, ironically, is her birthday.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 7:49 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• If you dont live near your friends and family i don't see why you cant post a regisry online so that they can mail your baby something...i would. Good Luck & Congratulations.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 7:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• No, I think your true friends and family should understand how difficult all of the moving has been especially with being pregnant. I wouldn't mind at all. Yes, showers are nice but really its all about what's best for the mother and the baby and if that's going to make things easier on you, then I think its fine. But make it clear that its voluntary, because some of your Facebook "friends" may be more of acquaintances.

Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 7:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Hmmm...sorry, but that's slightly tacky....UNLESS you were asked to do so. It makes you look like you're "fishing" for free stuff.
    Anonymous

• I was away from friends and family during my last pregnancy, and I only received a swing from my sister, and a blanket from a co-worker. I got absolutely nothing from anyone else and it had been 7 years since I'd had a child, so it's not like I had hand-me-downs from my previous DD. I let them know of my baby registry, and received virtually no responses. I ended up buying everything myself.

I have a friend who did the same thing, but she is having a baby shower. We're not having a 'shower' per se, we're waiting until the baby is born.

If you don't want it to sound like you're hinting for gifts, leave a nice comment such as: "Help us celebrate our baby from across the miles! If you would like to send a gift for baby, here are my registries..."
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 8:44 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• If you don't want it to sound like you're hinting for gifts, leave a nice comment such as: "Help us celebrate our baby from across the miles! If you would like to send a gift for baby, here are my registries..."

I really like this!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• If someone ASKS if you're registered or if you need anything then send them the information. But posting it or even leaving a comment such as "if you would like to send a gift...." is beyond tacky.

Just not right at all.
    Anonymous

• happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 9:25 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I mean, if they are your friends theyd buy. I dont think thats tacky. I think its genius!
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 9:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I wouldn't do it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2009