Methotrexate for miscarrige

Hello~ I was informed last week that I have a failed pregnancy. Since my husband and I have been ttc for about 4 years he wanted to help us get through this miscarriage faster so we can start trying again. He suggested Methotrexate. I was just wondering if anyone else here has taken this? I have never had a miscarriage and am just nervous and scared I guess. I would also like to know how long it took you to conceive after the taking the shot? Any information would be great...what it feels like, kind of complications if any you had, etc. Thanks

Linds2003

Asked by Linds2003 at 7:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• read the info on methotrexate
    i used to take it for a medical condition......you are not supposed to even try to start thinking about getting pregnate until you have been off of it for at LEAST 12 weeks
    it can cause SERIOUS malformations in baby
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• that doesn't sound right...you were "informed" that you had a miscarrage? you would know if you had one b/c you bleed ALOT, it seems like a gallon of blood, literally.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• and they only give you pain meds when you miscarry, maybe antibiotics if you get infected. you should probably get a second opinion.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I haven't miscarried yet. My progesterone is falling and my hcg's are just staying at 6500 for the last week. So it might be awhile to miscarry natually since my levels arent moving. I haven't decided if I want to wait and do it naturally or take this Methotrexate stuff.
    Linds2003

Answer by Linds2003 at 9:14 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Did they not find a hearbeat if not let your body do it on it's own. How far along are you? To me taking that almost sounds like an abortion. Your HCG levels are high mine were 304 at 8 weeks when I miscarried and it took two weeks for my body to expell.
    Anonymous

• Well from my last cycle I would have been 8 weeks when he told me I would miscarry (last wk). There was just the gest. sac and no heartbeat. I think I am going to wait and if it doesn't occur on its own in a few weeks I will probably get some help (meds or d&c). I really don't want to do either of those but I also don't want the worry of when/where I will miscarry.
    Linds2003

Answer by Linds2003 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 30, 2009