Im not allowed to go to bars w out my husband but I just called and hes at one- fair?

my husband doesn't like me to go to bars alone, and I dont out of respect and im not a drinker anyway. But were getting our brakes fixed and i had this felling he was at the bar across the street from the place. turns out im right. He says he was playing pool until the brakes are done. I say it doesn't matter if i cant go then neither can he! Am i wrong? Im not jealous so dont say that, and I personally dont care if he plays pool but im fed up with the two way street!! He also goes to the Casino and plays poker sometimes till 2 am!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• i would never be "allowed " to go to the casino late at night or do anything where there are men around-
    Anonymous

• yea, he's controling. if you aren't "allowed" to go to a bar by yourself then he shouldn't be able to go by himself.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• No that's not fair. My So is the same way but If I want to go out without him than I do. I feel that men like this are insecure and not that they don't totally trust us but they don't trust other guys. I feel that I need a break from everybody sometimes ( Kids and Men) . So if he don't like it he just has to deal with it. I only go out by myself maby every couple of months if that.

Anonymous

• I'VE NEVER CHEATED, BUT HE DID WHEN WE WERE ENGAGED SO IF ANYONE SHOULD BE
    NON TRUSTING ITS ME!!
    Anonymous

• not allowed... um are you an adult? if so you are ALLOWED TO DO AS YOU PLEASE! AND HE NEEDS TO LEARN THAT FAST
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• My husband would prefer that I didn't go to a bar alone. He wouldn't say no, and I kind of agree with him. It isn't me that he doesn't trust, it's other people. Maybe you could compromise with him. Maybe you go to Applebee's or something instead of a bar.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 8:45 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• eh if your grown do as you'd like when you'd like that's how i see it!
    Anonymous

• While I don't hang out in bars, I do know that it's a place where most men would not want their wives to be without them. It's a bit different for a man, and if he was only there to shoot pool while the car was being repaired, I don't think you should make an issue of it. Does he also not "allow" you to go other places, or is it just to bars? I think you should cut him some slack on this one.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:21 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• i think you have a piss poor relationship.

put a stop to this problem, or else it will always be an issue
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2009