Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

After 23 years of marriage I am getting divorced and feeling overwhelmed. What are the property distributions?

I am a victim of domestic violence and also found out he's having an affair.

Answer Question

Asked by juniep23 at 8:24 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • The property distributions are different in each state if hes filling first he can walk all over you and take everything from you. You need to get a lawyer and have family support and friends and if you both don't really want a divorce try counseling good luck I am very sorry to hear this.

    Answer by newmom183 at 9:00 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

  • First off I am so sorry. It depends on where you live. Get a lawyer. Some give free consultations. Turn to reliable family members for support. Don't let him walk all over you. After 23 years you have a lot of rights. If you have kids in college or at home that will play into it also.

    Answer by oliviahank at 9:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.