Are you ok with the government telling you what you can and can't do?

How about if I do it? You are NOT allowed to formula feed. You MUST breastfeed. (Still ok with it?)
How about this?
You are NOT allowed to spank your children. (Still ok?)
OK then,
How about this?
You MUST work outside the home. You must put your child in childcare.
You MUST put your child in school. You must vaccinate. You must wear orange.
You may not eat eggs.
You may not drink diet coke.
You may not have cake on your child's birthday.
Why are you all ok with the government telling you what is ok? Can we not decide for ourselves?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• That was funny!!! Must wear orange? LOL. I hope you all know that this is a clever and cute post. I love people with a sense of humor. ;-)
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Please.
    Anonymous

• I am not ok with the Government telling me what to do. Is this not the Land of the Free?
    We have way to many rules as it is.
    Jenn425

Answer by Jenn425 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Screw the gov. I make my own decisions! When the day comes for all that crap to happen than we will be in war. The community wayyyyyyyy out numbers the Gov.

Anonymous

• Can we not decide for ourselves?

Some people are NOT responsible. Children must go to school. Seat Belt and car seat safety laws. You need a drivers license, Not drinking and driving. Drugs are illegal.
    Anonymous

• absolutely not!
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• When the government begins imposing laws on the things you listed, then I will complain. I have nothing to complain of right now.

Would you be happier with anarchy? I'm sure we'd do so well as a civilized country if that were to take place.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I'm not ok with it, but I didn't vote for "change" either.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Decisions that the individual makes impacts society. If a woman doesn't breastfeed and gets breast cancer what should we do then? Should she get medical care? Should the government pay? We know the longer you breastfeed the less your chance of breast cancer.

If a woman isn't going to breastfeed what is her baby to do? We know formula is a poor substitute. Breastfeeding from other women and banked milk are better. Milk banks are very expensive. If a woman doesn't want to breastfeed should she have to give up her baby to a woman willing to breastfeed for the health of the child?

The government shouldn't be the biggest buyer of formual to give away through the WIC program. If the government stops giving away formula what are all the babies of women who refuse to breastfeed going to do?

Babies have the right to human milk.

GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 8:47 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Why are you all ok with the government telling you what is ok? Can we not decide for ourselves?
    The government has NOT made such restrictions!!!!!!

OP.... are you this negative with your children. I hope not!
    Anonymous