When should you really begin to pack your hospital bag?

when is too early and when is too late when should the bag be packed?

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I always packed my bag at 35 weeks.

Anonymous

• I'm hyper organized and I packed at prob 35wks as well with my first. I had the overnight bag in the trunk and we even had to take it out a couple times to shop for larger items I remember. I had the one I wanted to take into the delivery room in the house so I could add and remove items as I thought of them, but that was pretty much ready to go as well. I just hit 35wks with #2 and I haven't really thought or worried about it, but I'm going to get it together this weekend... I just have more on my mind this time around, and I over-packed the first time, but I was very comfortable!
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 8:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I don't remember when I packed mine - I think I did it around 8 months.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 8:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• A month early is what I did, and that worked out for my first since he came a month early- I'd just packed the bag the day before. :)

Answer by Bmat at 8:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I never got to it, and my twins came early....
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:25 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I pack the night before but I was induced.
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• i packed my bag around 36 weeks when i started having contractions. It ended up being considered "early labor" lol but i was induced at 42 weeks so it was packed for quite sometime!
    Anonymous