• In the Spotlight:

Baby Bath Seats / Tubs

Ok my daughter is starting to out grown her infant bath tub that sits in the sink, it's time to get her into the big bath tub, but I'm not sure what I should get her? She is almost 9 months old, sits up, stands, crawls, starting to walk assisted. Any advice??

MrsStanley22

Asked by MrsStanley22 at 9:00 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• I just put my son in the tub. He had a blast! He started using the regular tub at 6 months. As long as you're right there with her, she should be fine.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 9:03 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• my DD outgrew her infant tub at like 4 months lol she is a tall one i got the safety first bath seat and i love it!
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 9:03 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Just put her in the tub and let her have fun.
    Anonymous

• id say use the bath seat.... its way to easy for them to hurt themselves in a tub.. better safe then sorry
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 9:15 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I got a blow-up one manufactured by Munchkin. I got it at Target. It was shaped like a duck and made quacking sounds when you squeezed the beak. It's hard to fill by using the faucet, so I'd use the shower. It's also useful if you need to travel.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 10:01 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• thats cute THA!
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 10:17 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I went through all kinds of bath seats and such with my 1st child, but never was happy with any of them. Now with my 4th I don't even bother. If you are right there, then there is no need for the fancy baby crap, that didn't even exist 50 years ago when people just bathed kids in the sink or tub. Just be watchful.
    puddleybug

Answer by puddleybug at 2:51 AM on Jul. 31, 2009