Third Birthday Party

My daughter is not in daycare, (but we do go to the park alot and get out of the house) and none of my hubby or my friend's have children. I want to throw her a 3rd birthday party just with my parents and his parents.But I wonder: Is it normal for a 3 year old not to have friends other than people she plays with at the park momentarily?

ycatstouch

Asked by ycatstouch at 9:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my 3 year old dosent have anyone.. she will make friends in pre-school or kendergartin! dont worry
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 9:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• We only had a family party and 1 of my friends has a son she likes to play with so we invited them. Then my sister had a party for her and she has 2 sons but thats about it. I figure it that I dont even remember any of my parties before 5 and as long as the family is there to celebrate her and she gets to blow out the candles y=and give her special treatment your good.
    Jessigrl26

Answer by Jessigrl26 at 8:34 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• My son is in the same boat. Do not worry! I think now days a lot of emphasis is placed on big huge extravagent birthday parties that overwhelm kids at that age. Having 20 kids at a party and spending hundreds of dollars for a 3 year old is crazy--just what I think. My son is turning 3 in Oct and we are doing a family outing and probably only able to afford one present. I do not feel bad at all except I wish his grandparents and other family members were here local to celebrate with him. The important thing is that they feel and know that they are loved.
    Don't feel bad. They will gain friendships in preschool and kindergarten.
    Anonymous