Afraid of water/Bath Tub

My son is 22mts and is afraid of water and wont go in the tub,afraid of getten his hair washed,any ideas on how to get him out of this fear,Thanks

mummytobe

Asked by mummytobe at 9:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ok, I hate to say this, but the same thing happened to my son in March! It was fine and dandy until one night, he just flipped out about the bath. I tried everything. Bubbles, toys, no toys, me in the tub, him washing me, showers, visors, special cups to rinse his hair, everything!! Nothing worked for us until we found out that he likes playing with the water as it comes out of the spout. So, we now just put him in the empty tub, turn the water on low and he likes it. I can't say we are saving the planet with this method, but we are saving our sanity! I REALLY hope it gets better soon!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 9:23 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• have you tried giving him toys too play with too distract him?
    My 3 year old was like this when he was 2years old, but I told him that the soap wont hurt his eyes because mommy is here to make sure it wont reach it and it worked.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 9:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Try getting in the tub with him to show him it's not scary. Let him pour water on your hair.
    jackiec7707

Answer by jackiec7707 at 10:15 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• My son was scared of washing his hair too, then we took the boys swimming. Now he says "Mommy, me do it." and lays down in the tub.
    XandersMommy74

Answer by XandersMommy74 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 30, 2009