why do i hate it so much?

my bf is almost 23 and im 21. we used to party and drink once in awhile and it was fun and all. but just recently...i really hate it. i personally dont like drinking anymore bc i cant control my intake and ill get too much and ill get alcohol poisoning (not throw up but the major chills) so i just said i wasn't goin to drink anymore. plus i dont even like the taste. now my bf..ive never really cared..but he drinks a lot now. and it just gets on my nerves when he is drunk and im not bc i have to deal with it. its annoying. we got into a big arguement last weekend bc we were at a friends house and i didnt wanna drink so i fell asleep with my DD and he came to check on me and said we would leave soon then i woke up over an hour later and was like kinda irritated. so we came to the agreement that we wouldnt drink (or in other words get drunk) anymore so we culd spend our money on something else. idk what it is tho.. (contd)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• (contd) it used to not bother me. but now it does.

i dont understand why i feel this way. i guess i just want him to grow up? idk. anyone gone thru this?
    Anonymous

• you're obviously at different seasons in your lives. you're tired of partying, he's not. either deal with it...if you can't be around him when he's drunk because of irritation, then tell him to drink away from you, and not come around drunk. or, maybe..move on. you have valid reasons for not wanting to drink; its totally your decision. and not being drunk, other drunks can be irritating, old, and tiring. also, when you put it into money figures, you realize how much money is peed out.
    congrats on making a mature decision! you might look into aa-meetings, to strengthen your resolve.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Thanks, yeah i told him that it is getting SO old and so tiring to just be around people that drink all the time. I was like we could be doing much better things with that money than go sit at someones house, drink, and act a fool! it's so irritating ugh. sometimes i wonder if we are at different stages in our lives.....
    Anonymous

• He may be an alcoholic and it gets much worse, believe me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:11 AM on Jul. 31, 2009