• In the Spotlight:

Would it be wise, and in our best interest, to leave the country?

Really it's the only way I can think of the get away from BO's "Change"...change to be more like the USSR. I'm really, really sick to my stomach with all of the b.s. that is being passed, and the things that are being pushed to go through. If everything goes through that Barack Obama has on his agenda, I am leaving the country and taking my family with me.

I thought about Canada during the election, but I decided against that. What about Australia? If I left the country on a visa for a few years, would all these stupid policies (if they pass) apply to me elsewhere? How can I do this? I obviously would need a passport (which I already have in hand). How easy or difficult do you think it would be to get a job in another country?

What are you opinions on this?

Mick86Sara

Asked by Mick86Sara at 9:37 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Dont panic!
    josie726

Answer by josie726 at 12:19 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• OK, see ya later!
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I wouldn't do it. We are the luckiest people in the world and have more freedom than any other country. (Well, maybe the Scandinavian countries ...but they have really high taxes) Don't worry---everything will be alright. :-)
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• OP.... How easy or difficult do you think it would be to get a job in another country?

I think you should find out!
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 9:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• stacymomof2 & Grandmarga: Are ya'll being sarcastic?
    Mick86Sara

Answer by Mick86Sara at 9:45 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Yes, I think you are being ridiculous!
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 9:47 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Are ya'll being sarcastic?
    _________________________
    Yes, I am. Because I feel as though anyone who would leave this great country, even though they disagree with the President (who will serve for a maximum of 8 years, by the way) has no real idea about how good they have it and the freedom and standard of living we enjoy. Also, I think it's hilarious that you would consider Canada, which is FAR more socialist than anything Obama is proposing.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• People become illegal immagrants to come to our country because most 3rd world countries are poverty or war- ridden, and things are unfair. We really do have it good here, we are allowed to come on Cafemom and complain without being punished, or worse. We are allowed to debate, our women and children are free and we have laws to protect them. Things may not always work, but that's what happens when television and fake reality teaches us our morals. Don't worry, other countries have that too.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Canada or Australia are not the places to go because you would just be going to what your trying to escape here. Ireland is your best bet.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I thought about Canada during the election

It is funny that you thought about Canada.... Universal Health Care, that I suppose you're against?
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 10:00 PM on Jul. 30, 2009