Mother Guts, Skins, Eat and Decapitates Her Infant

Texas police: Mother says devil made her kill son

Last Update: 7/28 10:00 am

Print Story | Share this Story

DALLAS (AP) - Police said they found a 3 1/2-week-old infant stabbed and decapitated in a Texas home on Sunday and his mother screaming that she killed her son after the devil told her to do it.

Otty Sanchez, 33, of San Antonio, was taken to a local hospital in critical condition with self-inflicted stab wounds to her chest and stomach, said San Antonio police spokesman Joe Rios. Investigators took a sword, a machete and a kitchen knife from the home.

Officers also found two children unharmed at the home, though it wasn't immediately clear where they were taken.

Sanchez will be charged with capital murder, Rios said. Police said they didn't know whether she had an attorney. A spokeswoman at University Hospital in San Antonio said she couldn't release information on Sanchez's condition.

evilive

Asked by evilive at 9:37 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Rios said Sanchez was sitting on the couch "screaming that she killed her baby," who police identified as Scott Wesley Sanchez Buchholz, when police were called to the home around 5 a.m. Sunday.

"She mentioned that someone or something told her to do it, she was hearing voices. So that leads us to believe that she was experiencing some type of mental crisis," Rios said. "The baby had obviously been decapitated."

McCourt said she told investigators that the devil told her to kill her son.

The infant's body was found mutilated in a bedroom. He likely died earlier Sunday morning, police said.
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 9:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Disgusting! Kill the bitch!
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 9:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• "An aunt of a Texas woman accused of beheading her 3 1/2-week-old infant son says the woman had been in and out of a psychiatric ward.

Authorities say Otty Sanchez used a knife and two swords to dismember the child and ate some body parts before stabbing herself and slicing her own throat. The 33-year-old is hospitalized and is charged with capital murder. Police said she does not yet have a
    lawyer.

Gloria Sanchez said Monday that her niece had been "in and out of a psychiatric ward" and that a hospital called several months ago looking to check up on her. She said Otty was "not in her right mind" and that the family is devastated.

Otty Sanchez is being held on $1 million bond."
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 9:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• That is just plain wrong and disgusting. Why would anyone do this to their own child is beyond me. And why would anyone post this on here. We as mothers love our children and don't wanna hear this crap. It depressing.
    Anonymous

• No offense, but I'm ignoring this post. I think I'm going to be sick.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 9:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• That's what happens when a Mom is so mentally ill that she thinks she hears the Devil talking to her. Or, God. Whatever. Why do they not get her some help? How could her family and friends not see that she was completely crazy? It is so disturbing. Sick.
    Anonymous

• I think they said healcare turned her away. Thats Americas healthcare systme for ya. Just another crazy bitch snapped.
    Anonymous

• As I wrong in the other post like this....If they all knew she was mentally ill, why would they leave her alone with the baby...They should all be held accountable, and the mother needs to be taken to a field and shot.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I think it is terribly sad. I don't say that we should, "kill the bitch" (how droll). I do say that she should be evaluated and face all of the consequences that the law finds her guilty of. Poor poor baby. Such a horrible way to die.
    Anonymous

• Revolting does not even cover this. I hope that poor baby died quick.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 10:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2009