My baby does not want to crawl, she wants to walk is this normal?

She is only 5 months, I'm not sure if I should put her in a walker...is it going to slow the process of walking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son is also 5 months and a few days ago i put him in a walker and he loved it.he can only go backwards right now, but he dont care. my oldest son is 15 but he never crawled, he scooted until he could pull himself up to hang on to something and then went right to walking.
    mustanggrl74

Answer by mustanggrl74 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• my niece never really crawled she just started walking one day, but she was 10mo. old
    Anonymous

• Some babies skip through to walking...Don't be alarmed
    Joy1Roberts

Answer by Joy1Roberts at 10:01 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• My doctor told us that crawling is not a milestone because not all babies will do it. I never crawled. I was cruising at 5 months all by myself and full fledge, sit me down in a store and I was off, walking at 9 months. You may have an early walker on your hands. Have you tried putting your child next to the couch and let her hold on and see if she will take crusing steps? My daughter just turned 5 months and will do a few cruising steps at a time. She also has a walker and she only goes backwards also. Its really cute.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Crawling is not a milestone, and 1/3 of all babies will not crawl. My daughter started walking a week before turning 10 months. She did crawl but only about a month before that. Once she started walking she never crawled, now she's 11 1/2 mo and is starting to crawl to push her toys around. Have fun once the start going you will be one busy mom!!! :)
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 11:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2009