Muslem question

Hi,
I have a question about the muslem faith. You often hear of Shiite (not sure of the spelling) and the Suni's, I hear it mostly about muslems in other countries. I assume they are different divisions of the Muslem faith, much as Christianity can be divided into Catholic and Protestant. So what are the main differences? Are both groups active in the US, or are they only in foreign countries?

I'd like to hear from Muslems please.

teamquinn

Asked by teamquinn at 9:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Basically you can equate it to the divisions in Christianity - and Shi'ite (Shi'a) and Sunni are actually each further divided (just like Catholic and Protestant), and some sects don't believe others are "real" Muslims etc (just like between some Christian groups that claim they are the ONLY Christians). You will find all sects in North America, but because of small numbers, a big deal is not made of it. In areas where there are large numbers of Muslims you will find Masjids where they tend to follow the beliefs of one subsect, but anyone can go there. It is not as big a deal in the worship, more in the interpretation of the doctrine. Hopefully this helps - lots of good info on the net or check out the Muslim Moms group.
    b_cheerful

Answer by b_cheerful at 11:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• http://hnn.us/articles/934.html

I don't know how the post the link so that you can just click....

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:30 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I really don't know. Google Muslim religion online and read up on it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:30 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Ok, here is ajquinn's link active:

http://hnn.us/articles/934.html

-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2009