When is your first prenatal visit suppose to be?

I just recently found out i was pregnant i'm going to call the doctors office in the morning i just wanted to see what week you have to be before you are seen? i don't remember

RCPerry511

Asked by RCPerry511 at 9:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• usually they do a visit to get all of your pre-testing done and to confirm that you are pregnant before your first official visit as an ob patient. so if you call they will give you an appointment for a checkup, pap smear, and get all of your bloodwork out of the way so you can discuss the results with your dr. on your first ob visit. this is the way they did it for me anyway
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• i had my first visit when i was around 6 weeks.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• for both of mine I was about 5 weeks. . . they confirmed the pregnancy, ordered blood work, and scheduled my next appointment.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I was 4/5 weeks along on my first. My doctor usually does not see patients till they are 8 weeks but I do not have regular periods so he said come on in and we will see just how far along you are.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:25 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• it all depends on how far along you are when you find out. Unlike the others I didn't know right away I do not get a menstrual cycle, so i only knew once i had more symptoms. They will schedule as soon as they can and like others said they will schedule the confirmation and bloodwork.
    Anonymous