If you were President what would YOU do to fix the mess we're in?

All I hear is how Obama is dragging us further into hell and his supporters are brainless idiots for voting for him and he's a racist pig and blah blah blah... so I was wondering, if it was YOU in charge, how exactly would you get the U.S. back on track, how would you go about getting support for your plans and how would you make sure your ideas were made into law?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 9:45 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Cutting taxes doesn't stimulate the economy. Trickle down economics proved to be a failure over an 8 year period.

Cutting taxes does help but you have to cut spending as well. You can't cut taxes like a Conservative and spend like a Liberal. Had cuts been made and regulation has been placed on Freddie and Fannie. Had Democrats not used Acorn to strong arm banks into giving loans to people who had no business getting a loan we all would be in better shape.

If I was President I would stop all bailouts of companies and citizens. Ford did not take a bailout their company is strong and made a profit. Other banks that managed to not be strong armed into taking bailout money are doing fine. They are also banks that did not do risky lending. We need to let nature take its course there is a natural cycle that happens and messing with it too much is part of why we are in so much trouble.
    Anonymous

• Cut taxes across the board and institute real tort reform. Stop the government takeover of private companies and open up more domestic oil production and refineries to bring down the price of gas. That's what I'd do for starters.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 9:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I would go right to the people and explain to them that tax cuts are the best way to generate revenue for the government and stimulate the economy as well. It would be a win win for everyone. More jobs created more people working means more taxes paid in the long run. As for tort reform I would explain that it will bring down the cost of health care.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 9:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• the only way to solves this worlds problems is to have mothers running evrything there would be no war and everyone would be fed
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 9:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Nice in theory to have mothers running everything so that everyone would be fed and there would be no wars but the reason there are wars is because there are rogue leaders out there who train their people to attack and kill others. As far as feeding everyone that is not the job of government. Also nice in theory but the money has to come from somewhere. Neither one are realistic as much as we'd all love it to be.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 9:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• miriamz said it pretty well.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I would write a bill that dimishes the liberal arts grants and give those grants to small business.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 10:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Thanks Carpy :). I'm a Rush baby been listening since I was 10-11 years old.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 10:14 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Where are all those who know how badly Obama is sending our country into the toliet? I am interested to hear what their creative solutions will be, and I mean that in all seriousness.

C'mon, all you ladies who fear for our nation under Obama. Let's hear some real solutions.

I will agree with the PP who mentioned refineries. The state of the US refineries is freakin deplorable, and the companies who own them ought to be shot for refusing to modernize.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 10:14 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I would legalize pot so everyone could be happy and nice
    Anonymous