• In the Spotlight:

Sookie Stackhouse books True Blood

I'm reading the Sookie stackhouse books and I am really wanting to start watching the True Blood series. Is season one about the first book only or does it have information from a few books? How far into the series should I read before starting True Blood without spoiling anything? Thanks.

JennO2

Asked by JennO2 at 9:51 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Entertainment

• I LOVE the books and True Blood. Season one is about the first book. The very last episode contains info for the second book at the very end to make a clean transition into season 2. They change alot of stuff in the show tho so be prepared for that. How fun to find fellow fan!
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 9:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• yeah it already read all 9 books or 10 i cant remember i love the show... HBO SUNDAYS! but you will kinda get mad that they change some things. but either way still amazing stories
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 10:00 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I haven't read the books, but I saw True Blood. I honestly couldn't get past Sookie's accent... it was so hard for me to take her seriously that it kind of ruined the show for me. Normally I love the genre, and I wanted to like it so much, but I just couldn't. :( Hopefully reading the book first will make a difference for you.
    FilteredThought

Answer by FilteredThought at 10:01 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I do not know how far into the books you are but if you have read book one, you are safe to watch season one. I really don't care, the book and TV show are very different. You just have to go into the show and thinking of it as a seperate entity from the books. I like the books beter but the show is still wonderful.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2009