my son has several little red bumps coming up.

its not chicken pox bc there isnt a fever... and i checked out bed bugs.. didnt resemble that either. We have dogs inside but they don't have fleas and he hasnt been outside besides with me holding him. I'm very confused!

lnmauldin7

Asked by lnmauldin7 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Has your child been sweating a lot or gotten hot? Could be heat rash? Just keep cool and you can give benadryl if he's uncomfortable, otherwise i would just watch it and if its not better then you can just take him to the doctor to get it checked out.
    Oldham80

Answer by Oldham80 at 9:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• scabbies or hand mouth and foot... get a doc to verify
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 10:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• excema has many differnt forms as well.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• my baby had red dots recently appear, we thought they were chicken pox...but doc said no...cuz of no fever...they started to go away but then she got more...they kinda look like bites...
    we think they might be flees
    coolestmomeva

Answer by coolestmomeva at 11:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• How old is your child and what do the bumps look like? We had something recently with my son that we still have no idea what it was. It was little red bumps and we thought that they were bites, then we though chicken pox. Both were ruled out by the doctor but he said he didn't know what they were
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 11:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• It could also be a viral infection. Check with the pediatrician and if its after hours then don't second guess it make a trip to the ER.
    WisconsinDiva10

Answer by WisconsinDiva10 at 11:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• maybe heat rash or baby acne also my son had little red bumps on his hands and feet and seemed to be fine I asked his pediatrician and he looked at it and said it was hand foot and mouth disease which is not nearly as bad as it sounds and the only thing you can do is give them motrin for pain or any fever, but if it's not spreading and no fever I wouldn't worry about it some kids have sensitive skin. Maybe if all else fails you could use dreft baby detergent it could be an irritation too.
    Tayleina

Answer by Tayleina at 3:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2008