Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you know of any help that I can get for myself and my future child?

The only way that I can get any state help is if I file child support, the thing is the father is a rapist and will come after me if I do file. I can not support the child on my own and I am scared and I was wondering if anyone knew of places or numbers that I could call to get some of the help that I would need. I am already trying to o hard and I want to give this child the best and I am just running a little short of what I need.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (10)
  • i think you don't have to give the name of the father to get help.

    Answer by stephania01 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

  • Go to the CPS or your division of family services. They can help you get a restraining order and they can also help you with insurance, lodging, et. Good luck.

    Answer by ajguinn at 10:11 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

  • That is true. Just don't put him on the birth certificate when the kid is born.

    Answer by ajguinn at 10:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

  • Go to the cops if you were raped, dude! Theyll help you!

    Answer by evilive at 10:16 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

  • unfortunately they will need the fathers name if you apply for any type of assistance at all...if you are in fear of him you need to talk to someone! you cant let this go! it wont get any better if you do

    Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 10:21 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

  • In Pennsylvania they ask you if you are scared for your or your kids safety when you go for benefits. They will not go after them if there is a safety issue. Good luck mama!

    Answer by jackiec7707 at 10:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

  • man...sounds like state assistance where i live husband (we split for a year) was giving me money every week so i didnt want to release his name because he was doing nothing wrong but they were going to deny me if i based on what your saying jackie...every state must be different.

    Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

  • i think you should contact social services to see what your options are and tanif and food stamps would help you too

    Answer by marysmama09 at 11:08 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

  • say you don't know who the father is

    Answer by mirit.rose at 12:45 AM on Jul. 31, 2009


    Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.