What in the world is goin on here!!!???

my 13 month old ds, has had a fever for 3 days with no other sympyoms. Wont eat or drink anything at night, and whines constantly! He screams when I lay him down and doesnt want to go to sleep all of a sudden. I dont see any other symptoms pof him being sick. I know its not an ear infection because he hasnt had a cold. I dont see any new teeth coming in! Any ideas? Normally he is a great eater, sleeper and just very happy! HELP!

Scoobersmom

Asked by Scoobersmom at 10:17 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It could be a stomach ache, or even if he hasn't had a cold it could still be an ear ache from water getting trapped in the ear during bath time, if you can i would suggest taking him to the doctor just to make sure there isn't anything seriously wrong.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 10:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• since it's going to be the weekend i would try to get him into the doctor friday.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 10:44 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Just cause he hasn't been sick doesn't mean it's not ear infection, that's really what it sounds like, I would try to get him in tomorrow...you'r hate to wait and then come the weekend it get's worse.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• A sinus infection could be causing him a lot of pain when he lays down. Are the glands on his neck swollen? He could have strep throat. I would definitely recommend a trip to the doctor before the weekend hits.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 11:24 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Yea, definitely take him to dr or ER right away. When my son had an ear infection he DIDNT have a cold.
    luvmyangels3

Answer by luvmyangels3 at 1:11 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• my son went through the same thing, i ended up taking him to the er because i was afraid he was going to get dehydrated, he ended up having an inner ear infection and larengitus(ms) so i would recommened taking him to the doctor asap
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:12 AM on Jul. 31, 2009