Gestational Diabetes please give input, thanks:)

Hello! I just have few question/conserns, about gestational diabetes. I just went for my 1hr testing, my results came back high(154)How high is that? So now I need 2 go for a 3hr. I have read that, the 2nd time around comes back normal. I really not sure. The thing that concerns me is that I did not eat anything after 8 the night b4 & did not have anything to eat b4 I went in. I go the 4th for the 3hr. Just was wondering what I have to look forward to, when I go. What happens if my results come back high agian? just would like some advice from people who went through this/going or just might know about it. Thank You so much in advance:)

Jolly1981

Asked by Jolly1981 at 10:19 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• anything over 130 is high and on the 3 hr test you get poked 4 times and if you have it u see a diaticain (sp) then you are diet controlled and check your blood sugars or your pill controlled and if that dont do it then insulin and at the end you will have NST's (non stress tests) like 2 times a week to monitor baby and prob a u/s or 2 to track the growth of baby
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I cannot give input on the numbers.. because they never told me my numbers. They just said my 1 hour test was high, and that it was normal for the women to fail the first test. For the three hour test they gave me the same amount of that stuff to drink, but it was like a high dosage or whatever.. it made me jittery like I had just finished a 12 pack of jolt or something like that. They will take your blood quite a few times.. 4 times I believe...but it may have been 3. Mine came back fine after this test, they say many do. good luck! bring something to read!!
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:50 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I know that mine was high for the 1 hr. test can't remember the # and also high for the 3 hr. test. I also could not eat anything at night or in the morning for either testing time. I had to stay at the clinic for the 3hr one so bring something with to do. It's not that bad. I had to visit with the dietician and prick my finger 4 times a day & watch my diet. My finger pricks were hardly ever over the limits that they gave me and I was fine my whole pregnancy. Just watch what you eat and the biggest thing is to even out your carb intake so your sugars don't skyrocket. The goal is to just stay at a steady level the whole day. There were several time I had to have a cereal bar or something inbetween meals because I could tell it was getting low. Don't stress out about it and make sure you ask your dr. & dietician of any questions you have.
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 11:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2009