packing for hospital

what did you need to bring and what did you forget?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If your hair can go into a pony tail, bring hair ties.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• you do not really need anything! the hospital should provide you with everything you will NEED while you are there. you may want to pack a bag with things you want though, IE.....an outfit for baby to go home in, change of clothes for yourself to go home in(you will wear a hospital gown while there) any toiletries(sp?) that you cannot live without, maybe a book to read or search a word in case you get bored etc. but you do not really NEED anything. except of course a car seat, but that does not go in your bag obviously! they will not let you leave without a carseat!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I would suggest you bring your own pads. the one at my hospital were horrible. but walmart has always pads they are purple they are really good. great for the weeks of bleeding.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 10:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• by law a nurse is supposed to make sure you have a proper car seat and that it is installed properly before leaving the hospital!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• first time to birth center... husband forgot camera!!!!
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:30 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• he forgot it at our wedding too!
    charisma10

• Bring pillows and blankets for when you are in recovery. For you and SO. The hospital is cold and their stuff is uncomfortable.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:33 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I would suggest you bring your own pads and buy some larger undies.. the mesh ones are not bad.. but they were a little uncomfortable for me.
    Make sure you bring some comfy clothes for you, too. Like an idiot, I only brought the clothes I had on, and maternity jeans was the last thing I wanted to put on when I was leaving..I would have rather had some sweats or something.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:46 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Slippers, toothbrush, snacks, robe, pjs, camara, insurance info., extra underwear, all hair & toiletries, makeup : ) ,
    NicksMom11385

Answer by NicksMom11385 at 11:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2009