Do you listen to God?

Do you listen for God to tell you yes or no or on how to do something?

Do you take Him at His Word?

Are you more willing to hear the servant that God has sent?

Why ; to all the questions please.

bloodbought

Asked by bloodbought at 10:27 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Kristi I would appricate it if you just back out if you are going to play the alpha again tonight. I am rather enjoying this conversation as it GIVES GLORY TO MY GOD!
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 11:44 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Why do you suppose the Israelites said this to Moses?

They said to Moses, ’You speak with us, and we will hear; but let not God speak with us, lest we die’ ` —Exodus 20:19
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 10:30 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I have tried to ask God for answers, and I have tried to listen but I never heard anything. So I wonder if he even exists or cares.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 10:30 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I have always been skeptical of God talking to us (no bashing please)...
    However the other night I was lying in bed, reading, and a voice in my head said, "Front door is not locked".... I ignored this voice, because the front door is Always locked. It was on my mind for the hour or so before I fell asleep. At 3:10 ( I know because I looked at the clocked) I was woke straight up ( and I mean WIDE awake) with the voice more urgently " Lock the front door"... I got up, went down the stairs and sure enough the front door was unlocked. I locked it and went back to bed... The next morning I found out that a convict broke out of the local county jail, which is no more then 3 miles from my home... So was the voice just instinct, or was it God speaking to me? I'd like to believe He saved my family and I the other night....
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 10:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Do you listen for God to tell you yes or no or on how to do something?

no, because although I believe there is an energy, I don't believe it puts us above the rest, nor do I believe it has humanistic characteristics.  I think we can draw from said energy, and many people misinterpret this action as an answer from a more humanistic God. 

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Do you take Him at His Word?

See above

Are you more willing to hear the servant that God has sent? Why ; to all the questions please.

see above.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• He is real and He does listen. Sometimes we just need to listen more carefully.
    The Lord hears you when you call to Him, Psalm 3:4 says. ..I cried to the Lord with my voice and He heard me from His holy hill. In fact God loves hearing from you, the Bible tells us that the Lord leans down and listens intently ..... wow, is that awesome or what? Seems like we think God isn't interested in the little things of our lives, that we have to have something really important to say before talking with Him. God is looking upon you and smiling, so great is His love for you, He's like a proud parent beaming upon His child. God is interested in everything about you. So when you get up in the morning greet Him with a smile and tell Him what a beautiful day He's given you and how much you love Him for loving you that much. Tell Him what your plans are for the day, what concerns you may have and most of all invite the Lord go along with you.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 10:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• No on all of them, because I do not believe in God.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I got up, went down the stairs and sure enough the front door was unlocked. I locked it and went back to bed... The next morning I found out that a convict broke out of the local county jail, which is no more then 3 miles from my home... So was the voice just instinct, or was it God speaking to me? I'd like to believe He saved my family....momma_ marian
    ~~~~
    AWESOME!
    This is when you know that HE is with you.
    Thanks for sharing!
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 10:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• The more I pray for Him to help me listen and do His will, the more I do.
    jeana

Answer by jeana at 10:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2009