Will some one call CPS on me?

My lil one has a bad bruise on his fourhead from when his big bro and him were wreslin. My boyz always get outta hand when they go at it. It's like mini Ultimate Fighting LOL! The big one gets kinda rouhg some times, but my lil one is a tuff guy! Anyways, my hubsand said to not take the lil one out until his bruises are better cuz some one might call CPS on my ass. Hell, I didn't give him those bruises it aint my fault! Any advise from any one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I wouldn't worry about it. Kids get bumps on the noggin. If CPS does come just tell them what happened.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I have 4 boys and if I had CPS called on me every time one of them has a visible bruise they'd be at my house every day!!!! I think you're fine. Everyone knows how rough little boys can be!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• My little guy often has bruises on his head. He's got a big head and when he tumbles that is what seems to always get hurt! Lol! Boys get bruises. It's just part of life. I wouldn't call CPS although if you were screaming in anger at your kid, I might wonder about those bruises!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:46 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I agree, my 3 boys always have bruises on their heads. They've given each other black eyes, and they always look like someone beat them up. Boys are dangerous and accidents waiting to happen. My boys had convinced my 2 year old boy to jump head first off a couch cause he saw them doing it. No one will call them on you.
    Hannah22

Answer by Hannah22 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• My daughter has three boys 3 1/2 - 1mo. WOW, this is what's coming. Boys will be boys. Gotta Love them. LOL
    PebblesT

Answer by PebblesT at 12:06 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I told my Doc that I felt bad that my then 2 yr old son and 4 yr old daughter always seemed to have small bruises on thier legs. I was feeling like i wasn't keeping them safe or something! Her reponse was... "actually, I'd be worried if they didn't have some bruises. It would mean they weren't very active". Finally... some sound advise!!! LOL Don't sweat it, boys will be boys, and banged up b/c of it!! ;o)
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:51 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I think CPS has better things to do then investigate every bump and bruise. My 6yo daughter looks like she got slugged in the face right now. She fell riding her bike and busted her mouth all up (bit into the inside of her cheek and lip and bruised up the outside).
    At least one of my kids seems to have a black eye or busted lip at any one time. The other day my 7yo son and 9yo dd were screwing around and both me and my husband yelled at them to knock it off before someone got hurt and 5 seconds later they crashed into the wall and my 9yo bit into her bottom lip and was bleeding all over the place.
    My 3yo has a cut on her nose and what looks like a black eye. No clue where she got it from and she doesn't remember, lol.
    The 6yo is the worst, though. She has fallen off her bike 4 times since she learned to ride it last week and has bruises up and down her legs plus the busted lip. Poor kid.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:07 PM on Jul. 31, 2009