rolling over..

when is it normal for a baby to start rolling over? i put my almost 6 week old on her tummy today for tummy time and she rolled right over onto her back. I am just curious when your babies started to roll over. I thought this was kind of early..

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 10:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son started at about 3 1/2 months...but he cant roll over on both sides, only one and the first week he couldnt get his arms unstuck. 6 weeks does sound early if she can do it fully on her own all of the time, but some babies do things early and other things later. I am glad my son didn't start that early bc he is giving me a heart attack these days rolling over in his crib and sleeping with his face down. I wish he wasnt rolling over!!
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 10:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• She can only roll from her stomach to her back..so far. thank goodness. when i read your post about your son rolling onto his stomach, i was like omg i didn't think about that..(in her crib) lol. It's scary, I agree..but it's a little milestone of sorts I guess, so I think it's exciting as well!
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• my son is 5 months and he just started a few weeks ago...and now hw is really on a roll..lol
    mustanggrl74

Answer by mustanggrl74 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• 7 weeks, mine did the same thing just a few days ago!
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 12:22 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• my daughter did the same thing at about that age and hen didnt do it again for a long time.
    she now does it regularly and started doing it at.... 3 months i believe
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:11 AM on Jul. 31, 2009