When Do You Draw The Line?

I have enough financial means to support my small family, I love company but cant afford to feed or give them food everytime they are over. They are over swimmng at my house at least 4 times a week. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Don't feed them. Don't offer. Ask them to bring lunch next time. It sucks, but sometimes thats what you gotta do. Your family can't go hungry because you have to feed half the neighborhood!!
    Anonymous

• I would politely ask them if they are going to be at your home during dinner time or if they are hungry that they should bring what they like. Being honest is much easier than trying to go around it. I'm sure that they will understand since you so kindly let them use your pool...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• i had this problem...we used to have game night almost every other night with a group of friends...they always stopped over at dinner time and i felt obligated to feed them...it was how i was raised! but after a while it started to bother me because it was quite expensive...so i actually broke down and told them "hey guys moneys getting tight....i might not have enough food for everyone next time, if you wanna bring something to cook my kitchens open to you though!" no one was upset and it worked BEAUTIFULLY...to the point where they would rotate on whos night it was to cook...that i could handle!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Be nice but honest. Everyone is having a hard time now a days. Maybe suggest a potluck or that ya'll take turns being sandwich fixings or something.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:03 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Ugh! Why are people like this? I took my son and my neive to swim at my friends house and although my neice is also her neice I took a pizza, a 2 liter of soda and a box of cookies. Swimming makes you extremely hungry! We swam for a few hours and my friend started making dinner and our stomaches started growling. I had them dry off and change and we came home and ate. My son asked if we could go tomorow and I told him, I have no money to buy a pizza again but if we do go, we are brown bagging it! I have snacks and stuff we can take. I NEVER go to someones house empty handed.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 11:24 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• They're swimming in your pool, they should be buying you lunch! I'd just be honest and tell them that money is tight and that you can't afford the extra groceries you're having to buy for the extra people. This day and time everyone understands!!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• HA HA HA HA..I had a friend who did this, and finally my husband told her that he knew what her ass looked like more than her face cause she always had her ass sticking out of our fridge..lol!
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 1:25 AM on Jul. 31, 2009