Am I the only mom who's house seems to be in a constant state of remodel?

My husband is obessed with tinkering with the house. There is seemingly always tools, plywood, saws ect laying around. There seems to always be something he wants to do. There is currenlty like 3 projects going on.

Is my husband the only one who does all this? Or is your house the same?

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 10:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am right there with you! My husband is an amazing carpenter and furniture maker but we are so busy between work and the kids he barely has time to finish anything! We bought a house that needed to be remodeled throughout. We moved into a fully carpeted (including the bathrooms and kitchen), wallpapered (even on the ceilings) mess. We did all the mindless grunt work when I was pregnant with our first child and he gutted and partly finished the full bath June 2008 except for two rows of subway tile around the wainscoting, it is now July 2009 and I think he is just now getting a chance to order it and get it done! Our kitchen is a disaster! I feel like my house will never be finished!! We now have 4 partially finished rooms....a ceiling fan missing in one or a closet door needing to be made in another. I feel for you...I hope it gets better for you soon!!!

lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 11:29 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• You are not alone. I'm still waiting for our upstairs bathroom to get finished after 5 years. I'm still waiting for my kitchen to get done after 5 years, lol. Still waiting for our trim to be done in our living room and family room after 5 years. It was rough when I was pregnant with our last going to the bathroom from our upstairs bedroom down to the basement then back up again. I was out of breath!

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I have the opposite problem! There are several things that need to be done and I have to tell him I'm calling in a repair guy to get him to do anything! I'm not sure what's worse! lol
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2009