Religious Library Suggestions... (For Pagans, but all welcome)

As many of you know I am always building my library. It's my favorite area of the house. And most of my library is religiously or at least myth based. I have books from every religion I can find. And I am in the process of finding MORE books to add. I have compiled a rather large online list of books, audios, texts, video and whatnot that I would like to add and as I see them offered at low prices (which they all are eventually - Even collectors die) I buy them. Some of the books I have are very very old and others are brand new.

What I want to know from all of you is this... If you could have any religiously or myth based books in your library what would you include and why, as well as what books do you think every religiously based library should hold?

*All religions welcome! However I am currently working on the Pagan sections, so those are prefered...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:01 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am currently building a library of all of the New and Old Testament Apocrypha and Pseudopigrapha as pertinent to the Judeo-Christian faith. There are A LOT. So far I've either read, purchased or plan to purchase: the Gnostic Gospels (from the Nag Hammadi), Book of Giants, Book of Jubilees (Little Genesis), I and II Books of Adam and Eve, Book of Enoch, Apocalypse of Moses, the works of Josephus and the OT Apocrypha.

The Gita, some Upanishads, the Quran and Epic of Gilgamesh are a part of my collection of books too.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:11 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Of course, the Poetic Eddas and Prose Eddas. Aside from that the King's Sagas, Islendinga Paettir, and Hervarar. There are more, but those would be the basics.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:16 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Well, so far, the only "religious" books I have read that I would want to own are When Religion Becomes Evil and Seductive Poison (the story of the woman who started the Jonestown investigation, Deborah Layton). And there was a book of Celtic Tales that I read that was nice, but they weren't the full stories. If I were able to get ahold of ANY book at all, I would want the original's of ALL the world's religious text's but I am pretty sure that isn't going to happen. lol

-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:49 PM on Jul. 30, 2009