mtv's 16 and pregnant....I want opinions

I don't know who all watched 16 and pregnant but the girl Catelynn who gave up her child because she wanted the baby to have a better life and I guess wanted to still be a kid. Do you believe she should have kept her child since she made the choice to lay down and have sex or was it justifiable that she gave her daughter up? I'm sorry I dislike the fact of giving your child up for adoption, I mean if your into drugs or something like that yeah I see the reasons but when your mother is basically willing to help you or take care of your child and you don't care is what I have the problem with. I still believe she should have kept her child....

marysmama09

Asked by marysmama09 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• its so funny that you posted this because that episode bothered the shit out of me!!! i have watched it a few times, and it really bothers me. and so did the finale special with her on it when they reunited them with the baby. i think with the support of her family and her boyfriends family, she should have definatly kept her baby. PLUS shes so young, i really think she is going to regret her decision so bad one day. with the way shes seems in the shows, i think she already regrets it. i think the boyfriend regrets it too. and on the finale special, it really pissed me off listening to dr. drew and the other girls saying "oh your so strong, we commend you" BULLSHIT and they know thats bullshit. they were just trying to make her feel better for what she did. she gave her baby up because she didnt feel like giving her life up, whats strong about that? but i feel bad for her. i think her boyfriend pressured her a little bit.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:11 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• it was SO weird too how after she had the baby, they were all taking pictures with her and her whole family was crying and so upset - and she just gave her away. its so sad.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I watched it and I think what she and her Bf did was awesome. That has to be the hardest thing in the world to do. That was selfless. She and her bf did not have stable lives growing up. In her 16 years she moved 13 times and her bf's dad has been in and out of jail. There is nothing wrong with anyone giving up their children for adoption. They are giving that baby a better life than what they would be able to. I would rather see people give their children up for adoption than abort.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I give her kudos. I could never do that, and she gave that baby a better life and its better than having an abortion. There are so many people that are anti abortion and then bash when people give it up for adoption. My husband was literally in tears tonight watching the unseen footage. He couldn't understand how someone could be like that. While I couldn't ever give up my child, she did what she knew was best for that baby. She knew she wasn't ready for that baby. At least she live up to her "mistakes" ( I hate to call children mistakes- I just don't know a good word for it right now) But God put that baby on this earth to bless that family. She still has to live with tat the rest of her life. Wondering how her baby is doing. Good for her! No bashing here.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• So i think its funny how marrysmama said she decided to lay down. Thats what almost everyone does at that age. People accept it parents dont discourage it so the schools and health dept hand out condoms to kids that dont use them. Giving up that child was her best move yet. They are irresponsible enough to get pregnant and disrespect their selves so much they just lie down with anyone they "hook up " with, how can they be responsible for another human being? So she didnt just decide to lie down she and millions of others have been allowed to and ignored enough that there is where they can get some kind of affection.

Vivian63

Answer by Vivian63 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I don't know how I feel about this specific situation- but I think that way you are putting down adoption is sad. Yes- she made a bad choice and got pregnant- but sometimes, adoption is the best choice. NOt just if you are on drugs. I mean if you are 16- even with help- you probably will not give that child as good a life as you could have if you were older. Just the emotional maturity of it alone. Yes it is a big decision to choose to raise the child, but sometimes it is a selfish one. THere are thousands of parents out there that are dying to adopt and love a child and give them a safe and secure home. SO if someone will make that choice- they should be supported. THat is the ultimate sacrifice to give up your child so that they can have a better life then you could give them.
    Anonymous

• Ummm like most people I had sex at 16. Stuff happens. I bet if she decided to abort it you would still be bitching. I think she made the best choice she could and the baby went to a very loving family. Don't judge until you walk a mile in someones shoes. You don't know anything about her or her family from a TV show.
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• i have not seen the show, nor to i ever want to but after having a baby of my own i can not imagine why anyone would want to give up somthing like that!! beian a mom is the best thing that has ever happened to me. yeah sure she is young but she made a decision to have sex and sex makes babys!! she should have "maned up" (for lake of better words), she would be a better person because of it
    mrsmurders

Answer by mrsmurders at 11:32 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• She wanted her baby to have a better life. I haven't watched her entire show, but I did see the part where her boyfriend was saying that he had a crappy life with his parents. He also said that a baby needs a whole lot more than love, and he is right. I considered giving my son up for adoption and it is a very hard decision and I commend her for it. Just because you have support from your family doesn't mean everything's going to be ok. Her's and his parents should havfe supported them in their decision. It was their baby, not their's.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:01 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Awww babies deserve good, mature parents. I know I made a ton of mistakes that came purely from my own lack of maturity with my own. Kids shouldn't be made to keep their kids as some type of punishment because they had sex. After all, we all know that 16yo can do it, but not usually very well.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Jul. 31, 2009