Please pray for these now orphaned kids?

Christian man murdered in Somalia
A convert from Islam to Christianity was murdered on July 20 in the city of Mahadday Weyne, Somalia by members of al-Shabaab, a militant group with ties to Al-Qaeda, according to a July 20 report from Compass Direct. Mohammed Sheikh Abdiraman, who had been a Christian for 15 years and was the leader of a group of underground believers, was shot at approximately 7:00 a.m. Abdiraman is survived by two children, ages 10 and 15. His wife died three years ago due to illness.

Ask God to comfort and guide Abdiraman's children in this difficult time. Pray that increased persecution will result in increased boldness among believers in Somalia (Acts 4:29-31). Consider posting a prayer for Somali Christians on our Persecuted Church Prayer Wall.

To find out more about Somalia's suffering Christians, click here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• from Voice of the Martyrs
    Anonymous

• May kwan yin extend her mercy and may these children find comfort and peace, in the midst of perseceution, strength from a disempowering tradgedy, and light even through their great darkness. Blessed be.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 11:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• The link isn't working I went to the site at www.persecution.com to look for the article, but I can't find this story yet. Did you get it from your newletter? I don't have any new emails from them.

Oh, well. I will pray anyways. Thank you for posting this. When I went to go look for this article, I saw so many other tragic stories. I haven't been to that site in a long time and I needed a reminder to pray for my suffering brothers and sisters. Here is another one you guys can pray for. Two boys were beheaded by Islamic extremists in Somalia because their father refused to give them information about an underground church. Link

I can't imagine how that father feels. May Jesus comfort Him.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:47 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I signed up for their prayer e- mails alerts at VOM
    Anonymous

• There are too many stories like this that don't get in the news. Christians in many countries are being persecuted and killed. Let's remember and pray for all of them.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 2:56 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• There is still freedom to serve, worship and praise the Father OUR GOD/JESUS here in this country and yet we sit night after night here in the R&B section seeing who can show themselves better and more that the other.
    My heart breaks when I hear of these things happening.
    May My God and My Father heal the heart wounds of the people that are affected with this man's death. Father allow us to overcome this stupidity that we have and get on our knees for the souls of the lost, the mistreated, the ones that love You so much that they are killed for You. Their deaths leave fear and doubt with their loved ones that get left behind. Forgive me Lord for my idiotic behaviors and receive my prayer for the family and for this country over there as well as for this country here. Bind the hatred and fill our hearts with sorrow for them that desire what we freely take for granted. Let our hearts be troubled enough to pray. In Jesus name..
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 6:59 AM on Jul. 31, 2009