For those of you with food stamps, how much do you get?

I got accepted today, and my card will have $500 on it by tomorrow.
How much is the norm? I have a family of 3, my 5 month old twins and me. I dont see why i would get this much...i dont think i need that much.

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That's about right. I have two children and I received a little under $500 a month. You can buy any food related product. i.e. soda, produce, sandwich meat. It even covers things like formula but it does not cover pet food or diapers. It should all be tax free too. I hope that helps!

Anonymous

• And what exactly can you get with it? The social worker didnt explain anything to me because they were busy.
    Like, say if i bough a soda. Would i have to pay the CRV on it, and the card pays for the soda?
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• food stamps will pay for any food except processed deli food and energy drinks and 500 seems a bit high.. but might be a state to state thing.. its me hubby and baby and we get 325
    Anonymous

• honey dont complain for just my daughter and i, i get 347.00 and thats because i'm pregnant too...count your blessings...
    Anonymous

• Is that for a month? I have always wondered. We spend $400 a month on food and toiletries and I was always curious what I would get in food stamps(family of 5)!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:17 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• i was approved 3 weeks ago (bcuz my husband was laid off its 5 of us) and the worker wouldn't tell us how much we would get, we have to wait for them to come in the mail to find out, STILL WAITING...
    Anonymous

• i get 526 and its just me my SO and my DD on it i havent added our newborn on it yet
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 11:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• right now its 84. when we werent working it was 320
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I get 360 for just me and my son, and it covers almost everything you can eat or drink, minus hot food thats already prepared, like a chicken thats already cooked at the grocery store... it also covers seeds for food if you wanted to grow your own. My friend uses hers to buy seeds for like green beans and watermelon and then grows her own food.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 11:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• man what state are u all in! minnesota i get 325 for a family of 3!
    Anonymous