• In the Spotlight:

schedule

my son will be three weeks old tomorrow...tear! just wondering when they start to devolop a sort of schedule, i will have to going back to work in october, my schedule will be from 6:30am to 5:30pm 4 days a week and i want to get him well adjusted before i have to return to work, any tips to help him fall into a pattern, or is this somthing babys do on their own? do you think he is still too young?

mrsmurders

Asked by mrsmurders at 11:17 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think he's still young. I think around 6-8 weeks you can start working on a schedule. Just enjoy him now and all that time you have with him! You still have 2 months at home to worry about a schedule!
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 11:19 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• you have a bit of time. Babies tend to take to schedule in not time (my daughter did at least). He will be changing and growing so fast before your eyes that trying to do a schedule right now will be rough. I would wait till at least he is 6-8 weeks old like the previous poster said.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:27 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• It's hard to get babies that young on a schedule. I always bathed my girls at night, before bed, and I think that after awhile they knew that bathtime meant it will be bedtime next. Other than that, you're pretty much have to work around your baby's schedule!
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 11:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2009