Do you get stares because people don't believe your the mom of your child? I DO!!

I find it very annoying that when we go out and I get the dirty looks. Why? Well the little blonde blue eyed child that I run after and say"come to mama!!" Is my own child!! I carried him in my tummy for 9 months!! I get looks like WTF?? My mom went through the same with me when I was his age!! (My mom is Mexican) Only God knows how your child will look like. I just find it funny that some people can't get the point that more and more bi-racial children ARE coming into this world!

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 11:33 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• No I don't have that problem with others but I do question myself. My hubby and I both have DARK almost black hair... and we have a little sandy blonde boy. I don't think he's mine... ha haha jk
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:37 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• why did god even make different races? *rolls eyes*
    Anonymous

• Apparently I look really young. I mean I'm 23, but I get I guess I look 15, I dunno. Yesterday I took my son to a specialist for his first visit before his eye surgery. I have dark hair, and he is the blondest 2 yr old you will ever meet. The receptionist looked at me and asked, "Are you the mother, then?" WTF...
    XandersMommy74

Answer by XandersMommy74 at 11:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• You knew what you were getting into. It's your job making it easier for your child. Your child not only gets to feel annoyed (or whatever) because she is biracial but she gets to feel annoyed (or whatever) at people for making her mother feel annoyed (or whatever) because they are giving her dirty (or whatever) looks. It gets complicated.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 11:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• first off your son is adorable! my girls look like white kids...i am black/white and my husband is white...i have gotten SO many bad looks and snickers about myself and my family...i have had a lady come up to my youngest who was running away from me at walmart one day and ask her if she was lost and when i got to her she wouldnt let her come to me because she said she was going to find her mother..some people are dumb! If they have a issue with the way your family looks then screw them! Just ignore it...and enjoy your baby!

mom2girliegirls

Answer by mom2girliegirls at 11:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I had a doctor ask me the same question too!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 11:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Thank you!! mom2girliegirls! I kinda hope the next child will be a girl with atleast curly hair lol! Funny part my son has 2 curls on the back of his head lol!!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 11:45 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I was blond before i got pregnant with my son and then it slowly turned dark blond almost brown. I have 2 different color eyes one blue and one green gold so my son has bleach blond hair and bright blue eyes and I get "is he yours?" all the time. Funny that he is the reason I don't have the same color hair as him. lol
    GoddessHeatherM

Answer by GoddessHeatherM at 11:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• The day I got out of the hospital after having my son I had to go to Walmart. We were standing in line at the check-out and someone behind me and my mom asked "Is your baby mixed?" I have red hair (I'm not irish) and his dad had dark hair (he is irish). I'm German. German and an Irish made a baby and people thinks he's mixed with mexican or something. The two whitest countries out there and I get asked if he's mixed. He even has redhair. It's just his skin. Stuipd people.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:11 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• LOL, That is funny, my DD and I both have bright red hair, and everybody used to say, "Oh, she looks JUST EXACTLY like you!" She looks NOTHING like me except the hair color--I have blue eyes and very fair skin, and she has very dark brown (almost black) eyes and olive tone skin, and her features are a feminine version of her father's almost exactly!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:15 AM on Jul. 31, 2009