Abortion and Adoption

Am I the only one that thinks they're just about the same thing?
Both toss your responsibilities away. Literally and figuratively.

evilive

Asked by evilive at 11:37 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• No, one you are killing an innocent baby and the other your trying to give that baby a GOOD LIFE.

huge difference.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Yes, but the women who choose to give away their baby? Is that not the just the complete opposite of abortion, life? yet the same!
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 11:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• yeah no, you can't compare the two... in one a baby dies in the other the baby lives... huge difference

Not to mention in one only one person is benefited (the pregnant one) in the other more then one person is benefitted (the child, adoptive parents, and mother)
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 11:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Once you get pregnant, it is not about the mother at all. (Unless it means death or something serious like that) But under normal circumstances, its all about the baby. Once you spread your legs and get pregnant it is about that baby. So with that view they are completely different. Now looking at the mothers side- then yes, in essence you could say its about the same thing. At the end of the nine month, the mother doesn't leave the hospital with a baby and responsibilities. Yet, adoption is definitely the better route. But this is just my opinion.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I don't think that they are the same.

With adoption I think people do that when they realize that they can't take care of the child and don't want to kill it.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 11:45 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• IM TALKING RESPONSIBILTIES! In both, they're the same.
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 11:47 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• ANON 11:44 wonder if u were raped.... i guess thats there responsiblity too right?
    Anonymous

• no, i disagree. i had an abortion when i was 18, and i was only 6 weeks pregnant. i did it because i was 18, i was doing drugs, i had no job and my boyfriend was a drug attict and was abusive. that was NOT the right situation for me to have a child. and theres just no way i would be able to give my baby up for adoption. at 6 weeks pregnant, its really like nothing. its a little dot.. its not a baby yet. dont get me wrong, i dont think abortion should be used as a form of birth control. i swore i would never get another one, and i would learn from my mistake and i did. but i know i made the right decision. adoption .. i would never be able to do it, but there are ALOT of people who cant have babies and long for one so bad, so if someone has there baby and is not in the right situation either, and they can give their baby to a family who is stable and will love the baby, then i think thats okay too
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:47 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I mean, obviously, the two are very different, of course.
    evilive

• i think sometimes abortion is necessary, especially when its done very early. its better then giving a child a sad life.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:48 PM on Jul. 30, 2009