how to control confused 4 year old

my daughter is very trouble we just lost custady of my two younger children to there father. She now is very hateful to me throws bad fits and i cant get her to understand that it is no ones falt that her bubba and sis dad lied to get them. What do you think i should do to help her she knows way to much now

karesa3

Asked by karesa3 at 11:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• Talk talk talk and let her express herself. Let her know that it's OKAY to be angry - in time, she'll learn with your help to not be angry at you but at the SITUATION - don't direct her anger to a person, but to the fact that it's out of her control. Let her know that you are angry too, and that it's OKAY to be angry. Help her find ways of expressing her anger - does she like to draw? Then help her draw her anger. Does she like to sing? Let her sing her anger. Does she like physical activity? Let her jump and kick her anger out. Give her outlets, but more than anything, help her process by talking to her about it and letting her know that her emotions are OKAY - they are not bad, wrong or anything else. They are what we all experience, just help her learn ways of expressing them and processing them. It might help you too!
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• tell her in child terms. Comfort her, she obviously is going thru a tough situation. Shes in the middle!
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 11:46 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• you both need to go to counseling to deal with the anger
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:21 AM on Jul. 31, 2009