Bankruptcy

I filed a chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2000 - discharged in 2001 0f January - can you file again in July/August of 2009?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• yes, I believe so, its been seven years. And PP since we don't know why the OP had to file either time, you shouldn't shake your head.

A friend of mine did this, the first was for a divorce, and the second was for her medical bills after her child was badly injured. There are reasons this can occur.
    Anonymous

• Actually I filed in Oct of 2001 so it was discharged in 2002. Would it be okay to still file???

- The person whom answered tsk - tsk - The Lord will help you. We all go through our own battles and I have to explain to no one so but God
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• So I see how it is here, too, eh?
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 12:51 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I believe you can, however have you tried already to get debt free by other means? There are so many programs out there to help that won't hit your credit as badly.
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 1:08 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Okay - those who dont know my issue please JUST GO BACK TO DRINKING YOUR Latte's while waiting for your husband to pay yur bills before he finds another woman and all the other helpful people just know I AM PAYING FOR WHAT MY EX HUSBAND LEFT ME WITH - This has NOT A THING to do with my spending habits.... they were HIS and YES THEY ALL CHEAT - although little ladies YOU WILL ADMIT IT OR NOT.
    Anonymous