how do I tell my sil not to spoil her baby all the time or she will grwo up to be a spoilt brat?

my sil has a 3 mo baby girl. everytime the baby crys she runs and picks her up and she carrys her around all the time and never puts her down how do i tell her that she is spoiling that baby and that her baby will be spoilt rotten? i dont want to ofend her or nothing she is a nice person and its her first baby i jsut want her babty to grwo up desent and not spoilt like so many kids are. picking her baby up everyime she crys is teaching her to throw a fit and she gets what seh wants.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There's nothing wrong with your sister in law and the way she is caring for her baby. You cannot spoil a baby that young. Babies need to be held at that age.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• um... you mind your biz. She's not putting her child in danger, and just have a diff style of parenting than you.
    Anonymous

• maybe because you CANNOT spoil an infant that young..
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 11:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• In all respect to you, this baby is your SIL's. I picked my little girl up every chance I could when she was 3 months and now she is the happiest baby I know. And everyone around honestly agrees. Giving a baby extra attention does not mean they will be spoiled later on. I think it shows the child that you're there and can read her emotions. Kudos to your SIL.
    Anonymous

• i think that would be very rude, she sounds like a loving mother, imo kids who are hardly held or payed attention to are the ones who act out bcuz they crave attention
    Anonymous

• u can to apoil a child that young but hun there is nothing u can so to stop her shes gonna do wat she wants when it comes to her baby no one wants to be told how to take care of their kids
    AnukahNoel

Answer by AnukahNoel at 12:00 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• She isn't spoiling her baby, and even if she were, it's HER baby! Not your place to tell her how to be a parent.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I think you're right. Crying babies should not be picked up, and hungry babies should not be fed, and dirty diapers should not be changed.

Seriously.
    clairandamjones

Answer by clairandamjones at 12:01 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• you cant spoil an infant
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 12:02 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Yup. Mind your buisness. You can never love your baby to much.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 12:03 AM on Jul. 31, 2009