Amazon.com

Why is Amazon SOOO expensive?? Everytime I google a toy a link for Amazon comes up and it is always about 3-4 times more expensive than in the store. I wonder why this is?? Does anyone know?

For instance I just googled the cool crew vacuum for the recommended ages and it is $40 at amazon. I bought the exact one at Kmart for $10-$15. They have that $38 is the USED price.. I'm confused and I hate it when people are selling stuff on Craigslist and put a link to show the price on Amazon..

jackiec7707

Asked by jackiec7707 at 11:52 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It works according to supply and demand. If the toy is sold out by Amazon, or other online stores, Marketplace sellers jack their prices way up. They figure someone will not mind paying a ridiculous amount if it's the only way they can get it. The vendor for that particular product is actually For Pennies Less, not Amazon...the vendor is just selling through Amazon. If you look at the bottom of the page, there's a discussion going on in the forums about it, titled "Amazon has got to stop these overpriced vendors"...it explains a bit better than I have if you read through there.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 9:42 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I sell amazon and I think just the opposite look up smokeaway on amazon it is a lot cheaper plus a trusted safe site to shop from! get super-saver shipping!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Everything I buy on Amazon is a ton cheaper than in a store. I just saved over 700.00 on my new TV on Amazon, and that is with the warranty.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• The expensive prices are from Marketplace sellers. They sell through Amazon and are not actually part of Amazon...just individual sellers, like at Ebay. You can select that your purchase actually come from Amazon though. That's what I always do because then your purchase is guaranteed if something goes wrong. Plus Amazon is not nearly as expensive.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 11:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Smart-Shopper-Marketplace/dp/B00008PVZ4

Like this. I have this and my kids never play with it so I googled it for a price so I can get an idea of what to sell it for. There is NO way that this is worth $250! lol.
    jackiec7707

Answer by jackiec7707 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 31, 2009