Does anyone else have a toddler (my son is 2 yrs. old) that wants to eat all day??

My son eat good substancial meals & always says eat, eat, or forever wants the cracker fishes, I just give him his 3 meals plus a snack here & there I don't want him to become overweight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my sister worked for a pediatrician who always said, babies and toddlers eat when they are hungry they don't eat cuz they are bored, and when their appetite is bigger its because they are growing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• yeah i def agree with the above post. babies and toddlers dont eat bc they are bored. they eat when they are hungry. my toddler is a grazer. she eats all day long but snacks more than eats a full meal. kinda sucks actually. but my sisters baby is a pretty hefty baby and she eats a lot! but dont worry...my sis was like that too and she slimmed out by the time she was a toddler-preschool age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• my daughter is also 3 and the same here she just wants to eat eat and eat and im scared of her beeing obise what i started doing is cut off all junk food and start giving her friut and vegies even if he doesnt like it he should grow into it my girl did that way their not always eaing crakers ohh and when you go out instead of going o a fast food joint freze trawberrys or grapes some fruit so by the time that he wants a muchy he has a healthy snack and wont be hot just right
    lover89

Answer by lover89 at 1:49 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• My daughter does too at times. Usually for a few weeks at a time during a growth spurt. She is constantly on the go, so she bearly gains weight be eats big meals and lots of snacks, sometimes it seems contastly!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• My son goes through phases. Some days he'll eat all day, more than my husband and me put together. And some days he'll hardly eat anything. Let him eat when he wants to eat; just make sure it's healthy snacks and not junk food, and he'll be fine. :-)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:51 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Yep my daughter is the same way. I feed her healthy snacks whenever she asks for them and we usually just skip having a regular lunch since she snacks a lot during the day. She always has a good breakfast and dinner though so I feel ok about it. She is at a normal weight as well so I figure she is going through a growth spurt.
    coppersoul

Answer by coppersoul at 2:42 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• my son does the same thing and he is 2 y/o but when he ask for i give it to him but he was born premature so its ok for himto eat like that and the doc said his weight is good
    lagurl

Answer by lagurl at 7:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2009