After delivery...if you tore..did you???

Did you look at your stitches or try to when you were feeling better.....outta curiosity..cause it was killing me and i was wondering what they looked like

and this may be a TMI question..but will my hoo haaa...go back together..like will there be a gap where i tore..or will it go back together? It almost looks like they stitched the inside...its wierd..but then i think of it like a cut...its only been 7 days since i delivered..but just wondering if it will go back together..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I tore and had stiches and honestly didn't look down there! It will feel a lot better but takes some time....I just know after 6 weeks my doc said I could have sex again but it still hurt because of the area that had stiches! It didn't feel okay till 10 weeks. Just my experience though.
    Anonymous

• have you looked since is my question..like does it look somewhat like it did before you were preggo?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I haven't delivered yet but I asked some friends and my cousins and they all said that after a few weeks everything goes back to normal.
    javila

Answer by javila at 12:02 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• it will go back together don't worry.
    stephania01

Answer by stephania01 at 12:02 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Im trying to think about it as a cut...but im scared..lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I tore and didn't need stiches. I looked. It all heals back together
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 12:03 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• its good to hear..im just nervous..i was curious..as to what it looked like because well it was my first delivery..and well they say curiosity killed the cat and i got nervous..cause it looks like they did and invisible stitch...which i guess is good..i was just wondering if it would go back together...cause if not i would cry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• 1st time i was episiotomied,It left a scar. with my 2nd(4wks old)i am told I tore and they put stitches in.I did look when I got home from the hospital only because after I delevered my baby (at home,he came fast) I was rushed to the hospital via ambulance for emergency surgery and between the anasthesia and the blood loss i really wasnt sure what happened so i looked to see what they did and if i really did tear,and how badly.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 12:10 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• its a lil weird to look at. but they do stitch inside and out. there will be scar tissue there that has to heal thats why itll hurt to have sex for awhile. it hurt for a long time bc if there is odd friction against it itll hurt so bad! but once it heals..your good to go! haha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• It will heal in time. I have had 4 kids. 3 of them I had stitches after. The 4th one tore me and they said I didn't need stitches and I have healed. My husband always asks them to put in a few extra stitches--LOL
    rllns

Answer by rllns at 8:58 AM on Aug. 2, 2009