Do you FEEL engaged??

I got engaged in May. No ring, bc we just dont have the $ right now, but I really dont feel engaged. Never even thought Id get engaged. Marriage isnt soemthing on my prio-list. Maybe its the ring thats supposed to do it, but I still feel like the same old same old. High school sweetheart gf of 8 years. Weird??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• have you set the date or anything? do you guys talk in detail about the wedding??

I've been engaged for a little over a year now..but got the ring and we set a date. and we're getting married in about 5 1/2 wks...

maybe it's the ring...maybe it's the date...?
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 12:15 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• No date set yet. Im tellin you, I just dont feel engaged! We havent talked about details, I havent set a date. Havent looked at dresses, nothing... I dont know if maybe when I see a ring that itll finally hit me, like WOW oh snap, IM ENGAGED! idk??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Have you gone ring shopping? I would try some rings on and see how you feel. If you still feel nothing while wearing a 2 carat diamond (even if you would never be able to afford it, just try one of those suckers on as a test) you should probably talk to your fiance about this before he does go buy a ring and before you two start dropping money on deposits because they are usually non-refundable.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 12:37 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Weve been catching up on bills this summer. We havent had money to slurge on a ring. Maybe after we catch up, I get a job, thingsll get rollin...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• he didnt ask you just bc you guys have a baby together right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I feel married to my boyfriend.... and he hasn't even popped the question. He asked me once of I'd consider it and I just said whenever we get settled and stable. I know one day it'l happen but when the time is right and finances are better. I'm in no big hurry. I'm sorry if you don't feel engaged... just know that when it's meant to happen it will. I think it's responsible of you guys to not go out and buy a ring you can't afford (not to mention how cool you're being about it) most women are beezy's about that kind of thing.
    jachelle

Answer by jachelle at 1:55 PM on Jul. 31, 2009