Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know what I would need to qualify for food stamps? My husband does work but after bills are paid we have hardly nothing left over , I'm getting scared because baby #2 is on it's way & formula is expensive. Thanks for any advice

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

Answers (13)
  • Not sure about Foodstamps but apply for WIC. It will help out alot with the formula.

    Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:21 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

  • get free formula with wic yes u will qualify

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

  • find a church with a food bank store or angel food network on facebook sells cheap healthy food

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

  • honestly, probably not. They dont take into account any debt or anything just utilities/rent. So u might get a little but I would suggest you just go to wic because they are more willing to help. Or you can try breast feeding....u would save some money, and if u pay for internet get rid of it. you probably have so many bills that they arent going to take into account and thats where ur money is going....

    Go to ur states welfare website and see if you qualify,I know california has this little calculation thing where u type in your info to see what you would get

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

  • eat lots of healthy food blueberries are so good for you

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

  • buy lots of cans of tuna and some lentils and eggs are cheap shop at the dollar tree for things get a store with a freezer section

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

  • For a family of 2 in KY, the income limit is around $1500 a month (I could be wrong, I don't have the paperwork right here), for a family of 3, I believe it's around $1800. It never hurts to check, and also you should apply for the Medical card if you think you won't be able to afford prenatal visits and the L&D bill.

    Answer by Mick86Sara at 12:27 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

  • Go to the Human Services Dept. for your county and ask them that you are wanting to apply for Food Stamps but are unsure if you qualify. They will give you the guidelines and tell you what you need to do. They base it on income so depending, you MIGHT qualify. The only way to find out is to apply, and it's pretty simple, so just find out what you need to do and do it!

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

  • make sure you do not skimp on the protein you may give the baby low oxygen. Eat lots of meat and eggs are the best source fish once a week due to mercury

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

  • WIC should be available to you. If your hubby makes over a certain amount you are not able to get food stamps. But the guidelines for WIC is much higher,you will have a better chance getting it.

    Answer by ronjwake at 12:32 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.