Do people belive everything they read or see on CNN?

Why is it that often people believe everything they read or watch on CNN? If someone is told something enough they seem to believe it. What happened to free thought?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 12:25 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think CNN can be ery biased. I watch out for what I believe when I watch it.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:27 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Apparently. Watch the Documentary "Media Malpractice" Most CNN/MSNBC viewers that were polled could only talk about Sarah Palin's daughter or the clips from SNL. They consistently attributed Joe Biden's or Obama's "bad" comments or records to McCain and/or Palin. On the other hand, I'm not a fan of Fox News either for that same reason. Fox is just as biased, just the other direction. (However, in the documentary McCain supporters were more informed regarding all parties involved and most reported watching Fox)
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 12:49 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• The only News Reporters I do watch is Glenn Beck and AC 360. All the other ones make me roll my eyes to much.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:52 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• It goes both ways.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I don't know of AC 360. Is that Fox? I like Glenn Beck but sometimes he's a bit overly dramatic. My husband was hooked on his show for awhile and everyday I'd come home to find my husband standing in front of the TV, watching G.B, and he'd just be furious about what Glenn was talking about. He would get just as angry as Glenn! I told him he had to stop watching him cause it was bad for his blood pressure. ;-)
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 1:00 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Anderson Cooper is on CNN. His show is AC 360. He is fair and balanced actually.
    And yes, GB is very dramatic at times, but he believes in what he is saying, He often goes against the grain and stands firm in his beliefs. I am actually a very big fan of his show :D
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:04 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Oh yeah! I know Anderson Cooper (well not personally...) but I didn't know the name of his show. Did you watch the Tea Party shows on Glenn Beck? I can't believe how irate Dems were about it! CNN actually accused the Tea Parties (not sure if that is how to word this) of being unsuitable for their "family viewing". What was unsuitable about that? All because she asked a man a question and she didnt' like his polite, articulate response!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 1:06 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I did not see that one, but I do remember all the talk about the Tea Parties and the Dems going off the wall about it. I don't think they actually understood what is was about in the first place.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:13 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Agreed!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 1:37 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• CNN is still a NEWS station? LOL!
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 3:41 AM on Jul. 31, 2009