I tore with my first baby. But not bad at all. I had two stich. Well I am due any day now. Is there a chance I'll tare again?

I hope I don't have to be cut by the dr.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was cut the first time and tore the second (also not badly). I don't know if it required a longer cut but the episiotomy took MUCH longer to heal than the tear. Must depend on circumstance. Good luck either way!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:28 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I had the same as jeancaudia, the cut was so much worse. I would tell your doc you would rather tear.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:30 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• tore a tiny bit with my first and a tiny bit with my second. nothing major. i also requested with the second since it was with a dr. that they not perfom an episiotomy since most times it actually makes it worse. i have read that massaging your perineum a week or 2 before your due date can make the skin more flexible and durable for labor.
    trelimon

Answer by trelimon at 1:37 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• i was cut but didn't want to be. most of the time when you are cut or you tear, it's bc of the "coached" pushing. if you're not having an epi, then i would tell the dr and nurses that you want to push when you feel like it, not w/ every contraction. also, you can start doing a perineal massage. check this website out: http://www.childbirth.org/articles/massage.html
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 11:11 AM on Jul. 31, 2009